What type of boxing gloves are right for you?
In today's boxing glove market purchasing new boxing gloves can be a very daunting task. There are a lot of different glove brands, multiple styles and shapes of gloves, and a variety of types of gloves, you don't know which gloves are the best in your price range.
This article will go over the major differences between bag gloves vs sparring gloves and regularly named training gloves.
Also, what are the top selling gloves online, how much boxing gloves cost, and what the pros wear.
First things first, the top online boxing glove brands have many different types of boxing gloves, sizes, or use of different quality levels of materials:
- There's bag gloves, which can be made out of gel or other artificial padded materials, even water.
- Sparring gloves, which can be considered training gloves too are made of real or fake leather, latex mold foam or couch cushion material.
- There are multiple shapes to all boxing gloves, a straight or bent shaped, different positions to where the thumb is located, open or closed fist, and different material in the piping.
- Different sizes; 8,10,12,14, 16 oz and even bigger. Here's an article about what size boxing gloves are the best for you.
Check out the best bag gloves vs sparring gloves boxing gloves
The differences aren't always clear
A great pair of sparring or training gloves (preferably 16 oz.) can be used in sparring or training with a partner and on the bag or mitts. 16 oz. is what most gyms prefer for sparring or any live training.
Bag gloves based on the materials used just don't have the same applications as sparring or training gloves, because you will hurt someone training. Hurting someone in training is the last thing you want to do because then you can't train anymore.
Boxing gloves can have a different shape from other gloves and still be a top notch glove, but some of these brands are just making anything so you have to know what the qualities of a great glove are.
In our opinion the best boxing glove brands stick to one style and shape of glove, all at different prices. Costing anywhere from 100-500$.
The best boxing gloves in the market can be used on:
- The punching bag
- Mitt workouts
- All other boxing workouts in the gym
When Choosing A Proper Boxing Glove, Price Definitely Plays Factor.
For the beginner to even championship level professionals, the 100-150$ price range is the starting price for a quality pair of boxing gloves.
Companies that make boxing gloves in the 150$ price range:
- Fighting Brand
- And King of Sparring
These are the recommended boxing gloves in this price range for any boxer. The quality of materials and lasting use make these brands the go to glove.
The best all purpose boxing glove can have different shapes, but are made the best way with the best materials. You need boxing gloves for sparring and protection on the heavy bag all in one, plus they need to last a long time.
Boxing companies like:
- Grant Worldwide (500$ pair)
- Winning (400$ pair)
- and Cleto Reyes (200$ pair)
King of Sparring (129.99$)
The King of Sparring Boxing Glove features:
- A plastic grip bar piece your hand makes a fist around or piping, provides protection to the hand, feels great, and gives the glove longer use.
- Added extra padding in the wrist, which is more supportive than top glove brands like Winning and Grant gloves.
- Knuckle and hand protection using latex mold foam, which is standard in best boxing gloves.
- Specially made thumb padding underneath and all around the area adds support for less injuries during sparring.
- Lace up design with a strap that adds a tighter feel, for longer great support and feel to the glove.
Durability, or longest use is the most important factor and our goal is for our products to last longer than they are supposed, which is why we use the best materials like the thickest leather and latex mold foam.
Bag Gloves vs Sparring Gloves
What's wrong with bag gloves?
- Made from some sort of rubber material without a flush surface area, so they can't be used in sparring. Also, who knows how much they can weigh.
- Those in favor of bag gloves say the gloves are shock absorbent, but that wears out over time. Compared to a quality brand I've mentioned, bag gloves break down too quickly.
- Bag gloves are also not cheap, they cost about the same price as quality boxing gloves in the 100-150$ range.
Beginners should buy 16 oz. boxing gloves
- Most gyms and coaches prefer or require the larger sized gloves for any live drills or sparring. At least 14 oz, but 16 oz is the standard. The extra weight not only protects your partner, but protects your hands as well, so that's also why we'd choose training or sparring gloves vs bag gloves or competition size gloves.
- The smaller ounce boxing gloves (8 oz-12 oz) are the gloves used for amateur or professional boxing competitions and are great for mitt work and visualizing if you do compete.
Why King of Sparring?
King of Sparring has the best pure training glove on the market. There's nothing online with the safety to your hands in mind and grip in your hands, like King of Sparring. Some brands make too many boxing glove products, but what features are they offering? King of Sparring has only one shape, one design for each product, which means something works the best in our opinion.
The lace and strap wrist support is new and provides extra support and long term durability. The added extra padding on the wrist enhances the support, so the new boxing glove feel will last as longer than other gloves. The King of Sparring 16 oz. boxing gloves are meant specifically for the best training possible. No boxing gloves on the market have the unique features of the King of Sparring gloves. These Gloves Are Truly A One Of A Kind.
Summary of bag gloves vs sparring gloves
When trying to pick between bag gloves vs sparring gloves, the choice is obvious: All purpose sparring gloves.
When asking what size glove is best for you, your best bet is the 16 oz size.
Thank you for reading my article, bag gloves vs sparring gloves. Check out our site and subscribe to our mailing list to be the first to know of any new products being released